Friday, August 23, 2013

Homework Journal

Well summer is almost over. And it's time for the kids to go back to school. My nephew started 3rd grade this week and my niece is now a junior in high school.  ( I remember when she was going to 3rd grade.)
So this week there's a new digital image at the Hambo Hoedown to go along with the "Back to School" theme.  It's "School Dog" and the challenge is to create a project that is "school themed".  This is what I made.


When I saw the image, I thought, this would be perfect for a "Homework Journal".  And that is what I made.

Stuff I Used:
Image-School Dog digital image by Hambo Stamps
Colored with Prismacolor Art Markers
Dog-PM-71, PM-69
Pencil-PM-17, PM-2, PM-72
Hat-PM-40, PM-17
Glasses-PM-6, PM-48
Notebook-PM-40, PM-100
Sweater-PM-17, PM-40
Journal-Michaels 80 page journal

Homework title-Computer generated
DP-Recollections Back to School pack
Cardstock-Recollections Red
Gel Pen-Gelly Roll metallic gold, blue 

I adhered the DP/cardstock to the cover with Rubber Cement. I popped up the image on homemade black foam squares.
This was a fun project and challenge.  If you've taken a break from crafting for the summer or if you haven't joined in the fun at the Hambo Hoedown.  Now that the kids are going back to school, join in.  You could win some great images.  Or even just get free images for playing along.

Thanx for looking and please comment.


post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool idea - I love it...she's gonna love it too! Those papers are perfect! WOW - my niece started 12th grade this year. I remember when I spent the night and went to the first day of Kindergarten, and 1st grade with her...
Thanks for joining Hoedown! Have a great week!
Lyn

Jeannie said...

I love that school bus paper and this is perfect for any aged kid I think! Thanks for joining us at the Hambo Hoedown.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie