Saturday, August 10, 2013

Card Full of Clowns

How many clowns fit in 1 card?  I don't know, but it must be less than are on this card, because they are bursting out.   This week's image is "Clowns" at the Hambo Hoedown.  And the challenge is to use 3 patterned papers.  So here is what I created.




inside

side view

Stuff I Used:
Image-Clowns digital image by Hambo Stamps
Colored with Copics
R35, Y15, Y17, B02, B05, G02, G05, C1, C3, W1, W3
DP-Recollections Primary Pin Dot in Red, Green, Blue
Black paper
Sentiment-Hambo Stamps "Clowns"pack

When I saw the dotted paper, it looked "circusie" to me and seemed perfect with the image.  I cut the 3 colors of paper into 1/2" strips and glued them diagonally onto a piece of paper.  Cut it out to make the background.  I mounted the base image on thebackground and popped up the next 2 layers on homemade black foam squares.  I added a smaller image and another patterned paper strip to the inside.

You know you have pieces of paper laying around and need to use them up.  So why not go through them and create something for this week's challenge at the Hambo Hoedown.

Thanx for looking and please comment.  Don't make me send the clowns to your house.

post signature

3 comments:

Hetty said...

What an absolute fun and colorful card!

Judy Rozema said...

Definitely don't want those clowns at my house!! Love the inside of your card, and the layers on the front! Perfect paper too! Fabulous Hoedown entry, Greg!

Anonymous said...

Haha~ love the pattern you created on the front with your DP! and love the dimension on the inside of your cards. Great job on the Hambo challenge this week!
Lyn