Thursday, January 16, 2014

Not Too Shabby Looking

Happy Thursday.  You know what that means.  Time for the next Dare To Be Sassy Thursday challenge (#212) at Sassy Studio Designs.  The challenge this week is "Shabby Chic" or "Vintage" (make your projects in the shabby chic or vintage style).  I always have a challenge with this style. I have seen some amazing cards out there in this style.  But like I said, I always get stuck with this style.  Hopefully I did it justice.  Here's what I created.


card partially open

inside (sorry it's blurry)

close up of flowers and pearls

Stuff I Used:
Image-Princess Ariel Pin Up digital image by Sassy Studio Designs
Colored with Copics
Skin-E00, E11
Eyes-B95, B97
Lips-R30, R32
Hair-E41, E43, E44
Stockings-W1, W3
Outfit, Jewelry-B91, B95, YG61, YG63
Lace paper-Anna Griffin 
DP-K&Company Best of K&Company pack
Cardstock-Recollections Cape Cod pack
Corner punch (inside)-Fiskars Lace punch 
Flowers-Snowflake punch 
Pearls-Queen & Company - Pearl, Brilliant Blue, Grass Green

I popped up the image on homemade black foam squares.
Well that's my take on the Shabby Chic style.  Let's see what you create.  Join in the fun.

Thanx for looking and please comment.


post signature

5 comments:

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Greg, another gorgeous card! Absolutely love the edge punch and the added pearls. Fabulous!

karalschuknecht said...

Greg, this card is grand. Colored beautifully, and the pearls on the edging. Love it all!!!

Kim Kelley said...

GREG!!!! that is me yelling! You should not worry about getting stuck...this is beautiful! HUGS

Unknown said...

great cards and projects love the box x

Cindy Groh said...

Beautiful. I'm blowing up your comments tonight. I've added all your SSD cards to my Pinterest board. Thanks for the inspiration.