Friday, July 12, 2013

Leave Me a Message

"Thank you for calling. I'm not on my blog right now. Please leave me a message." Then head on over to the Hambo Hoedown and join in this week's challenge.  This week's image is "Bad Connection". And the challenge is to use "Office Supplies".  I loved using things that you wouldn't think of using on a card.  So here's what I came up with.




inside

Stuff I Used:
Image-Bad Connection digital image by Hambo Stamps
Colored with Copics
Skin-E21, E13
Hair-E57, E29, E49
Pants-B95, B97
Shoes-C1, C3
Shirt-Y13, Y15, YR02, YR04
Phone-G02, G05, W1, W5

Background- Phone message pad by Office Depot (and it was 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" already)

Stripe on front-Carbon paper cut to 3/4" (Does anyone remember using this?)

"HELLO"-Self Stick Index tabs by Barbara Thomas Enterprises, Inc

Sentiment panel inside-Post-It Note

Sentiment-Hambo Stamps
Gelly Roll metallic gel pen blue

I popped up the front image on homemade pink foam squares.  I adhered the carbon paper with my Xyron. And added a smaller image to the inside.  I printed the inside sentiment directly on the Post-It.

I hope this gave you some ideas on how you can use non-traditional items on your cards.
Now lets see what you can create. 

Thanx for looking and please leave me some comment love.

post signature

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

OMG Greg! Do I say that every week, because I feel like I do but you so deserve it! Carbon paper...really?! Holy cow I haven't seen that since the 80's! Awesome, awesome job with the challenge this week my dear.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

HOW COOL IS THIS!! Way to think outside of the box! I tried to do so and office supplies is such a neat idea but alas... haha Your project is just great! (not that I am surprised) Thanks for joining the Hoedown!
lyn

Tina M said...

I absolutley LOVE your card!! how creative to use the good old message pad :)
tfs
Tina