Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Wreath


It's hard to believe that December is here already. Where did the year go? I'm just getting use to writing 2013! Oh well.  It's that time of the week we all know as Dare To Be Sassy Thursday (DTBST) at Sassy Studio Designs.  This week the challenge is #206 "Cut and Paste Paper Piecing (Use paper piecing on your project)
Here's what I created.  A center opening card.

front

partially open

inside

Stuff I Used:
Image-Wreath digital image by Sassy Studio Designs
I shaded the image with Copics
W1, W3, W5
Background DP-DCWV Christmas Stack (see below)
Cardstock-the Paper Company-Heritage
The wreath was paper pieced with DP from
DCWV Christmas Stack
and 
Recollections City Sidewalks
Recollections (green), DCWV (red)
Berries-Sakura red metallic gel pen,
and
Rhinestones-stash
Sentiment-Computer generated
I popped up the wreath on homemade red foam squares. I added a smaller image and more DP on the inside of the card.
I don't hang wreaths on the front doors for the season.  Here is what I make every year,
left door

right door 

both doors

I hope I've inspired you to get out your papers and scissors (or knife like I like to use) and get piecing.
This time of year, we need more "Peace/Piece" on Earth.

Thanx for looking and please comment.

post signature

5 comments:

Crafty Judith said...

Fabby project Greg x

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Greg, this is gorgeous! Love that background paper.

Rene said...

Wow, what a fabulous creation!!!
Great job, thanks for showing how you did it!
Hugs
Rene

Kim Kelley said...

Love the folding card Greg! And your wreath turned out fabulous! HUGS

Jeannie said...

Oh Greg this is a beautiful card, but I'm more in love with your front doors! What a lovely way to greet your holiday guests.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie
Dragonfly Journeys